Site of Adventures/Miles

Site of Adventures/Miles

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Getting The Car

Friday night was a little crazy and resulted in me leaving my car downtown. I employed this strategy a few times in college, which forced me to get up and run in the morning, when I might be hurting a little bit. I was definitely having flashbacks to LSU as I tooled along at 7 min/mile pace. I was in kind of a hurry because I wanted to pick up my car before they started issuing tickets at 10AM. I also wanted some food in preparation for the certain stress that was sure to make up a huge chunk of the LSU - 'Bama game. I ran from my house, north to the Hawthorne Bridge, past Mill Ends Park (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mill_Ends_Park), then up Taylor to 1st to get my car. The run was shorter than I anticipated, just shy of 3.5 miles.

Speaking of the game, who can believe that LSU is really 8-1. For all of Les Miles's supposed faults the man wins quite a few games. I have stopped doubting his coaching ability as of this game. For him to beat some quality teams and play Auburn pretty close without much of an offense is pretty amazing. I used to think that LSU was winning despite the coaching. Now I'm thinking that the coaching is what is keeping the offense afloat with two mediocre quarterbacks who have a penchant for throwing as many TDs for the opponents as they do for LSU. The level the offense performed at late in the game was pretty amazing as well. I've come to expect the defense to take care of business, but this time the offense actually picked up their end of the bargain as well. Hopefully Georgia and 'Bama can cap their seasons by winning out, putting LSU in the SEC title game. Though a very small part of me wants Auburn to win out and take on (hopefully) Oregon for the BCS title. Should that happen LSU will probably get a BCS berth as well (assuming they take care of business). However the rest of the CFB season plays out, it will certainly be exciting.

The only bummer surrounding the finish of this year's season is that school is only increasing in intensity. At least I know I can budget about 3 hours every Saturday to pay attention in some small way.

Day/Week: 3.4/31.9

No comments:

Post a Comment