Site of Adventures/Miles

Site of Adventures/Miles

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Long but Good

This morning I met up with Ladd and Nurse to help pace Ladd through a half marathon simulation that he was running to prep for a marathon at the end of the month. Since I'm racing the USATF Oregon open state cross country championships Saturday, I felt it prudent to run a good effort Sunday and I'll do another workout Tuesday. The Plan called for 7 miles at marathon pace. Right now MP is supposed to be 5:49, but the day was nice and I was feeling good, so I went a little quicker. After warming up about 3.25 miles (22:30 or so), the three of us got down to business.

Ladd wanted to hit 5:45s through the first half and then try to pick it up from there and I was content to be a metronome of pacing for him, a skill I developed quite well at LSU. Nurse and I both agreed that we'd go out too fast, so we were content to follow Ladd through the first mile, which we ran too fast in 5:32. Of course. After that I settled in and ran the next 6 miles between 5:41-5:44. My total time for the workout ended up being 39:45 for 7 miles, which is just over 5:40/mile. I'd say it was a pretty solid workout overall. Of course the time change really helped out.

My splits were:
5:32-5:41(11:13)-5:44(16:57)-5:42(22:39)-5:42(28:21)-5:41(34:02)-5:43(39:45). I warmed up about 3.25 miles and cooled down about 4.75 miles, making my total for the day 15 miles in 96:35, which is a 6:26 avg.

Speaking of the time change, it was awesome to have some extra sleep and have the sun come up closer to 7 than 8, but when it was dark at 5:15 that kind of sucked. Oh well, at least the short days only get shorter until Dec 21st, at which point I'll be back in Baton Rouge anyway. I think I'll find it easier to get more sleep now that it's darker earlier, which may or may not cut into my studying. It all depends on how much I let it.

Day/Week: 15/46.9

No comments:

Post a Comment