Site of Adventures/Miles

Site of Adventures/Miles

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Cross Weather!

Today was fantastic from a running perspective. After nailing my Palpation mid-term I headed out for two Glendoveer loops plus some strides. I really, really enjoyed this run. I got a nice 7 miles in 46:20 plus some great strides. I definitely startled an elderly gentleman walking in the park. He kind of stared me down as I was coming in from a stride. I didn't try to run over him and he didn't have to move quickly to get out of my way, I think he was just curious. Oh well, it's hard to care what people think when you're feeling good and moving well.

One of the great things I enjoy about doing a build up for any distance or race is the gradual feeling of control you gain over the weeks. There were points last spring where running 12 miles really didn't take anything out of me. I'd do a 12-miler, averaging 6:30/mile, then go boulder for a couple of hours afterward. It was such an awesome feeling to be in total control of pace and distance, like you could just run forever. It's days like those that keep me running day after day, week after week, and year after year. After a decade and a half of running I've realized that there more of these awesome days than there are of the bad days and it's always worth it to head out, regardless of how crappy you feel. Always.

Day/Week: 7/22

No comments:

Post a Comment