Site of Adventures/Miles

Site of Adventures/Miles

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Inspiration

I was told once that it was a good idea to record your runs. Distance, time, route, feel, height, weight, number of birds you saw, etc. These were all variables to be analyzed which would have an effect on future performances or, at the very least, comparing yourself to yourself last year.

This seemed like a great idea and several times I really tried very hard to log my runs. I'd keep it up for a season, maybe two, but then take a break from running and my natural and ebullient free-spiritedness would get in the way and I'd just run for running's sake and not log the runs. The end result is that I have absolutely no way to compare my times across the years (that was sarcasm by the way, get used to it, I love it).

Recently, the month changed from October to November, which was fortuitous for a few reasons: 1) I am just starting to build up for Club Cross Country Nationals, 2) I just ran the Chicago marathon, and 3) I just started chiropractic school and need a way to procrastinate.

Plus, my friend at this blog: http://ondirtandrock.blogspot.com/ told me I should do this and I'm a sucker for peer pressure.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you've allowed peer pressure to bring you into the blog world. Your challenge is to stick with it longer than I did!

    ReplyDelete