Site of Adventures/Miles

Site of Adventures/Miles

Monday, November 1, 2010

Eleventy-One

Today is an infamous date - it is one year to Eleventy-One (11/1/11), which I just made up as significant. It's all ones and 11/11/11 will be taken up with a much more important holiday, Veteran's Day.

Today marked the first day of training for the USATF Club XC Nationals, which I may or may not go to, depending on who from the BAC (http://www.bowermanac.com/, my club team) decides to run. Whether I go or not really isn't that important to me. I've always enjoyed being part of team more than running cross country and my motivation for training is because I'd get to run as part of a team. Which, when you run for a Nike-sponsored team usually means you get some swag to go with the event. Being a poor grad student with a penchant for plowing through running shoes, this is a good thing.

My first day of training was relatively inauspicious and went the way of many a first day of training. 7 miles in 46:00 even, with 4 strides added on. Average pace was 6:34/mi, it was drizzly and not too cold. The amateur meteorologist in me thinks it was in the 50s. The strides felt awesome, just a release of speed itching to get out. I did them on camps at UWS (http://www.uws.edu/), where I'm in school. I may have startled some classmates.

Day/Week: 7/7

No comments:

Post a Comment