Site of Adventures/Miles

Site of Adventures/Miles

Friday, July 8, 2011

Shake, Shake, Shake It Up!

Technically I'm supposed to have a 2-hr break between Microbiology lecture and Soft Tissue lab on Fridays. However, I think I'll be skipping the 1-hr Micro lecture in favor of doing a tempo run in the morning.

Anyway, today I rolled out solo and did just a tune-up type workout. The goal was to run quickly, comfortably, and get used to turning over again. I settled on 8x400 w/ 2 min recoveries and aimed to run no slower than my first one. It all went pretty well, mostly owing to the cool temps and general lack of strong wind that usually possesses the track at Portland Christian School. I ran no slower than 69s, which was my first one, so I met my arbitrary goal!

Summary:
15 min warm up, drills, and 4 strides
69.1/67.4/67.0/67.6/67.5/66.4/67.4/65.1 average = 67.2, really pleased with how relaxed this felt!
15 min cool down, stretching, coolish shower

6/18

No comments:

Post a Comment