Site of Adventures/Miles

Site of Adventures/Miles

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I Did A Workout!

The abbreviated 5K training plan I am following called for 3x2 mile w/ 2 min recovery or 6xMile w/ 1 min recovery. In actuality I ran 2x2 mile, 1xMile. Owing to this being the first real workout of the season (last Friday was mostly for sanity) and considering that I'm starting the plan on week 22 of 24 and it assumes you ran the first 22 weeks, I don't feel bad about cutting it a little short.

The goal was to run these at T pace (close to half marathon pace), which for me is 5:28/mile based on current race results. Without really knowing what to expect I dove in headfirst!

Summary: Warm up-2 mile-2 min-2mile-2 min-Mile-cool down
15 min jogging, drills, strides
10:52/10:50/5:20 = 27:02 5 miles, 5:24 average
15 min jogging, stretching, showering.

I was pretty happy with how everything felt. I decided to cut it short when I started to feel some sharp pain in my left hamstring, figuring that discretion is the better part of valor. Opening up in 5:20 really didn't feel that challenging, even with fairly windy conditions. Forgot just how good it feels to run hard and steady like this. The feeling after is like nothing else in running!

Miles: 9 for the day/19 for the week
Pullups: 18 for the day/60 for the week

No comments:

Post a Comment