Site of Adventures/Miles

Site of Adventures/Miles

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Foot Transport

Having been a runner for 15ish years, I've generally thought that I could run pretty much anywhere if I had to. Now, sans car, I have actually considered using running as a viable means of transportation. Today I actually ran to school, which was interesting to say the least.

Consider: I finished working out at 8:00PM yesterday, I take the bus home, I had to eat before passing out, it was chilly and rainy in the morning, I woke up at 5:30 to run some more. Suffice to say I felt like 10lbs of shit in a 5lb bag. Somewhere along the way I got the bright idea that I'd just stop at Gateway TC, catch the bus, and run again later. So I beat the bus to Gateway and was waiting for a mocha to be made for me when the bus showed up. I asked the bus driver if he wouldn't mind waiting, he said nothing, then proceeded to pull away as soon as my tasty beverage was handed to me. Damn. So I caught the train for a few more blocks and ran it in to school. Ended up being about 10 miles and taking about 80 min. It'll take less now that I know where I'm going.

No comments:

Post a Comment